A list of discussion topics has been announced by the organizers of The First Global Forum on Nicotine, which is due to take place at the Marriott Hotel, Warsaw, Poland, on June 27–28.
The forum, which will be staged by KAC, is set to examine the current state of the debate about the use of nicotine across the globe; critically examine the science relating to the safety and use of nicotine; allow politicians, scientists, manufacturers, distributors and consumers to exchange views; and facilitate the development of links to enable ongoing dialogue between different sectors.
Specific topics will include:
- The scientific understanding of nicotine dependence;
- The appropriate national and international regulation of nicotine products;
- A new science agenda for nicotine;
- Who is using what kinds of non-combustible nicotine products?;
- Consumer preferences, views and beliefs about different nicotine products;
- Safety and efficacy of e-cigarettes;
- Regulation in Europe in the context of the 2014 Tobacco Products Directive;
- The future of nicotine and tobacco;
- Acute and long-term toxicity of nicotine;
- Future evolution of nicotine delivery devices;
- Nicotine pharmacology and pharmacokinetics;
- The impact of e-cigarettes and other noncombustible products on smoking;
- The Scandinavian experience with noncombustible products;
- Public, health care professionals’, and policymakers’ knowledge and attitudes toward nicotine.
KAC stages public health and addictions conferences and runs the Nicotine Science and Policy website www.nicotinepolicy.net.
Category: Breaking News